Tips for good trainingJanuary 5, 2007 at 3:59 am | Posted in Tricking | Leave a comment
1. Stretch before every session
2. Learn the Technique THOROUGHLY before attempting
3. Imagine yourself doing the trick and impressing passerbys
4. The “Golden Period,” as Jujimufu and Antonie call it, is between 25 and 35 minutes of tricking WITH warm up and warm down stretching
5. Trick with friends, its a lot more fun that way and you can also have them help you figure out how to make your tricks better
6. Video tape yourself and analyze, this is possibly the best way to learn tricks if you implement right (Check out Jujimufu’s article about it for more details at Trick Tutorials). This is very important as you are given the ability to see what works and what doesn’t work for YOU.
7. Train properly and in correct amounts
8. Heirarchy of Surfaces (Best to Worst): Crash Mats, Gymnastics mats, Martial Arts Mats, Plyo Floors, Grass, Concrete and any other hard surfaces
9. Try different moves in a session, do not just do like 50 cartwheels over and over. Add some variety. Basically just rotate your tricks so you don’t get bored!
10. HAVE FUN